We are looking for a Junior Merchandiser (Maternity Cover) to join this premium fashion forward retailer who are dedicated to delivering the latest trends and high-quality product.
Reporting into the Merchandiser, this role will sit within the Buying and Merchandising division where you will work collaboratively. You will play a vital role in supporting the merchandising team, forecasting sales, identifying opportunities, and creating a strategy across the womenswear department.
Based in London, this is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual to gain valuable experience in the fashion industry.
This role offers hybrid working. Please note this is a 12 month maternity cover contract.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Buyer to build the womenswear strategy - reporting into Merchandiser for sign off.
- Propose and sign off options with Merchandiser ensuring a balanced range for all channels.
- Work closely with buying to build and develop a balanced range ensuring this is backed up with sales data and strong analysis of previous season sales.
- Attend and present in weekly trade and sign off's to Senior Management. Reviewing any stock swop opportunities for channels to maximise sales.
- Review weekly/ monthly/ seasonal sales data from global performance through weekly meetings/ quarterly and lessons learnt.
- Roll up the buy of sales orders across all channels, outlying volumes above or below forecast.
- Manage of the category specific critical path with the cross functional counterparts to ensure timely delivery of the product.
- Frequent communication with suppliers and factories as well as liaising with internal departments when critical path dates are at risk and deliveries could be impacted.
- Feedback any risk elements related to critical path to Senior Management, problem solving and proposing next steps to ensure product delivered on time.
- Take initiative to propose strategic changes to future processes to limit dead stock issues and / or underperformance across channels for your product categories.
- Previous experience at Junior Merchandiser or Senior Assistant Merchandiser level.
- Friendly, approachable and a team player.
- Clear communicator with ability to communicate and present to all levels.
- Intermediate at Microsoft Excel and an understanding of AX or BI systems.
- Previous experience managing an Assistant Merchandiser or Allocator.