My client is a leading fashion brand delivering the latest trends and are looking for a menswear designer to work across multi-product strong on print & graphic with a strong eye for interpreting young hi-fashion trends to be based in their central London office. You will design and contribute to the constant development and co-ordination of new product ranges, to satisfy market key trends and customer needs, offering innovation and fresh approaches to design.
They are looking for someone with strong handwriting with Graphics Tees, overall prints as well as shape aimed towards to younger market of 18-30. This is a great next step for a Design Assistant, Assistant Designer or current Junior Menswear Designer.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Assisting in the design of current young Men's graphics and print led fashion ranges to present to clients
- Put together Design, Mood, Colour and Trend Boards
- Sourcing of fabric and trims
- To produce detailed technical packs for accurate first-time samples
- 2 years previous experience designing menswear
- Strong skills in graphic and print designing
- Good understanding of fabrics, fabric manipulation and fabric techniques
- Ability to draft garment specifications
- Good understanding of garment construction
- Possess excellent communication skills at all levels
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong CAD skills