My client is a leading online fashion e-tailer delivering the latest trends and are looking for a menswear designer to work across multi product strong on print & graphic with a strong eye for interpreting young hi fashion trends to be based in their central London office. You will design and contribute to the constant development and co-ordination of new product ranges, to satisfy market key trends and customer needs, offering innovation and fresh approaches to design.
They are looking for someone with a strong handwriting with Graphics T'ees, overall prints as well as shape aimed towards to younger market of 18-30. This is a great next step for a Design Assistant, Assistant Designer or current Junior Menswear Designer.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Assisting on the design of current young Men's graphics and print led fashion ranges to present to clients
- Put together Design, Mood, Colour and Trend Boards
- Sourcing of fabric and trims
- To produce detailed technical packs for accurate first-time samples
- 2 years previous experience designing menswear
- Strong skills in graphic and print designing
- Good understanding of fabrics, fabric manipulation and fabric techniques
- Ability to draft garment specifications
- Good understanding of garment construction
- Possess excellent communication skills at all levels
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong CAD skills