Our client is a leading womenswear supplier of Outerwear, Tailoring and Soft Separates supplying to many mid-market high street retailers. They are looking for a passionate Junior Designer with previous experience working within Outerwear, Tailoring and Soft Separates looking for their next role.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Designer or Junior Designer looking to further develop their career.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Trend research and catwalk analysis
- Producing mood boards
- You would be responsible for designing and developing Outerwear, Tailoring and Soft Separates garments to many high street accounts.
- Sourcing fabrics
- Have a good knowledge of and be able to develop commercial ranges for the High Street.
- Work with the team to assist in designing a collection and product development.
- Research and identifying key trends
- Confidently initiate the design and development of a garment from concept to production.
- Produce detailed design technical packs
- Collate colour palettes, fabric and trims packs to send with design technical packs to manufacturers for sampling.
- Previous experience working within Outerwear, Tailoring and Soft Separates is a must.
- Strong understanding of fabrics and trends.
- Have the ability to develop and adjust using CAD/Photoshop & illustrator.
- Excellent communication skills are essential in this fast paced, vibrant office environment
- Must be well organised with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and work under pressure.
- Eye for commercial product.
- Attention to detail
- Able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.