A fabulous opportunity has arisen for a Junior Knitwear Designer to join this established, successful and trend-driven supplier to a variety of high street retailers and supermarkets.
They are looking for a team player, someone who is hungry to progress in their knitwear career with flair and a passion for knitwear product. This is an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Designer to step up or a Junior Knitwear Designer to grow into a Knitwear Designer role, who can contribute their experience and knowledge to be part of an established team.
True Knitwear design experience and solid technical understanding required for this role. They are based in London, offer hybrid working and have a lovely modern and vibrant office space.
Main Responsibilities will Include:
- Designing and developing knitwear for a number of high profile high street retailers and supermarkets.
- Supporting and working with the Knitwear Design team on multiple accounts to design commercial, fashion-led knitwear.
- Research fashion trends, producing trend boards, catwalks, and sketches.
- Ability to translate initial ideas & concepts into commercial designs.
- Liaise with our overseas factories and to produce detailed design sheets for sampling.
- Travel to shows and on inspirational trips.
- Support the Senior Knitwear Designers in CAD's, showroom set ups and adhoc tasks.
- Attend customer meetings and work to set briefs.
- Manage Sampling and Development of Critical Path.
- Weekly reports looking at the latest trends.
- Minimum 3 years' experience working across knitwear for a fashion brand or supplier.
- Must have a strong commercial eye, and an ability to interpret trends.
- Excellent CAD and Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and have a pro-active approach.
- Strong organisation skills, and able to work to deadlines.
- Highly technical and solid understanding of yarns and garment construction.
- Must be a team player with a willingness to take direction and eager to learn.