A fabulous opportunity has arisen for a Junior Knitwear Designer to join this established trend-driven supplier to a variety of high street retailers. They are looking for someone with flair and a passion for knitwear to join their existing team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to contribute their experience and knowledge to be part of an established team .
True Knitwear design experience and solid technical understanding required for this role.
Main Responsibilities will Include:
- Designing and developing knitwear for a number of high profile high street retailers
- Supporting and working with the Knitwear Design team on multiple accounts to design commercial, fashion-led knitwear
- Research fashion trends, producing trend boards, catwalks, and sketches
- Ability to translate initial ideas & concepts into commercial designs
- Liaise with our overseas factories and to produce detailed design sheets for sampling
- Attend customer meetings and work to set briefs.
- Manage Sampling and Development of Critical Path
- Weekly reports looking at the latest trends
- Presenting to Buyers
- Travel to shows and on inspirational trips
- Previous experience working within knitwear
- Must have a strong commercial eye, and an ability to interpret trends
- Excellent CAD and illustrator skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and have a pro-active approach.
- Strong organisation skills, and able to work to deadlines
- Highly technical
- Must be a team player with a willingness to take direction and eager to learn.