We are actively recruiting a trend driven Junior Knitwear Designer to work with an established team for a thriving and leading ladieswear supplier. You will assist on the Womenswear team working across several major accounts on the UK high street.
My client is seeking enthusiastic, passionate and commercial Knitwear Design Assistant who is used to working in a fast-paced environment and able to work under pressure. This role would suit a recent graduate who had had a placement or some industry experience. The role with involve admin as well as design duties will be working with a team of designers, assisting with a variety of admin duties as well as designing to briefs.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with the Knitwear design and development team.
- Sending and chasing samples for approval.
- Manage the yarns.
- Assisting the designer with development of new ranges and design techniques for multiple accounts.
- Help prepare presentation proposals for each customer.
- Able to design to a price point given in original customer brief.
- Attending sales meetings with existing and new customers.
- Liaising with overseas factories.
- Researching catwalk trends , producing weekly social media and shop reports
- A Knitwear Degree with a focus on Womenswear.
- Have at least 6 months industry experience.
- Have commercial handwriting and ability to interpret upcoming trends.
- Can demonstrate experience of working in a fast-paced Manufacturer or Retailer.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- CAD, Illustrator and Photoshop proficient.
Please send an up to date Portfolio -