We are working with a fast-growing fashion company who are looking for a Junior Men's Knitwear Designer to join their dynamic team.
They are a leading knitwear supplier to several major retailers in the Uk, USA and Europe and are looking for a men's knitwear designer with 2 years' experience to join their team .
Strong CAD skills are essential for this role,and knowledge of Apex Shima is highly desirable .
Main responsibilities will include
- Work closely with the Senior designers
- Sending and chasing samples for approval
- Carrying out general admin tasks, updating spreadsheets, raising orders, etc
- Manage the yarns
- Assisting the senior designers with development of new ranges and design techniques for the customers
- Help prepare presentation ideas to the customers
- Attending sales meetings with existing and new customers
- Liaising with overseas factories & Mills
- Research catwalk trends & put together mood boards
- A Knitwear Degree
- Apex Shima knowledge highly desirable
- Trend Focused & a commercial eye for design.
- Can demonstrate experience of working in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- First class communication skills at all levels
- Excellent CAD, Illustrator and Photoshop skills