A fabulous opportunity has become available to join an established thriving fashion business who supply to the UK and international high street.
With a presence of over 15 years in the UK they are looking for a Junior Designer across Womenswear Wovens.
You will be assisting and supporting in the day to day operation of the design area; to assist in trend research, design and development of an original and innovative range in line with the customer handwriting and business objectives.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the senior design team in general duties to maintain product development timelines.
- Trend research - Assist in identifying seasonal trends as appropriate for the brand including key fashion profiles, colours, fabrications and must haves for the season.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of 'brand handwriting'
- Creative inspiration - assist in compiling strong reference material, including researching and compiling mood boards and colour palettes.
- Good eye for colour and print.
- Collate and maintain critical path using internal PLM software.
- Maintain store and showroom, Set up for customer meetings.
- Confident and articulate communicator with an ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to deliver to tight timescales and work under pressure.
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent within fashion, textile or print surface design.
- Interest in a career in design and a passion for fashion.
- Friendly, positive and a team player!
- Personal style to be highly organised and methodical.
- Ability to use CAD.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and have an ability to work under own initiative.