We have a successful fashion company with a friendly, creative and flexible culture who are looking for a reliable and organised Junior Accounts Assistant to join their team.
We are looking for an Assistantt to join the team to manage daily, monthly, and year-end tasks from identifying incoming payments, managing invoices and purchase orders, and cash flow reporting to running month end reports, VAT submissions, and collaborating on preparation of the end of year accounts. You will be working alongside a senior Accountant.
The role is suited to someone who can work independently, is adaptable, can prioritise work and can operate proactively in a small team.
MUST have had SAGE experience in the last 3 months
Main responsibilities will include:
- Investigate and resolve any differences identified on bank reconciliations
- Month-end reporting activities as required
- Overseeing collation, payment, and record of all invoices
- Logging invoices to financing system
- Assist the team with collection and processing of data for ad-hoc projects, likely during key times such as audits, budgeting etc
- Managing month-end close, including payroll, reconciliations, and preparation of reports for senior management
- SAGE experience in a working finance office (must be currently working with this or within the last 3 months).
- Minimum of 6 months experience in accounts office.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Relevant experience in an accounting environment
- Working knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- A keen eye for detail, well organised and analytical
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact with the wider Finance team