A market leading supplier is looking for a highly organised Import Merchandiser to work across Ladies Knitwear. This role requires you to be in the office, you will be part of an established team and report directly into the Director. It's imperative to be organised and have great communication skills. The ideal Import Merchandiser will have previous experience in a similar role, have an understanding of critical path and on sea freight, container loads and shipping.
Main Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Experience in managing critical path ensuring a smooth process from order placement through to delivery.
- Working to internal critical path deadlines and liaising daily with factories overseas.
- Closely monitor and manage deliveries ensuring shipments are on time and flagging any potential delays.
- Solid understanding of sea freight, process costs and timelines.
- An understanding of importing goods, shipping containers and foreign currencies including duties and taxes.
- Good administration skills.
- Be a proficient user of Microsoft Excel.
- Previous supplier experience required, knitwear knowledge advantageous but not essential.
- Hard working, positive attitude.
- Attention to detail, accurate but can work quickly when under pressure.
- Strong communication at all levels along with organisational skills.