I have a fantastic role for a HR Manager to be based in Dusseldorf Germany - Full relocation offered and you do not need to speak German. It is to work for a large garment manufacturing company who supplies many of the high street brands. You will have the responsibility developing and executing the Human Resource vision across Europe and Asia, corresponding strategies, respective action plans, and metrics. Initial focus will be on the design, development, and execution of critical HR programs and processes including: Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations, Performance Management, Employee Communications, and key HR policies and procedures. Reporting to the Managing Director
Main Responsibilities will include:
- As the HR Manager will be responsible for developing the HR vision for the company
- Stays abreast of new and relevant HR trends, processes, and thinking, and capable of effectively integrating into the business. Remains current via conferences, readings, education, networking.
- Will effectively read the "tone" of the organization and will keep the Managing Director abreast of any potential employee challenges, issues, or opportunities.
- Must have the confidence and presence to challenge senior leaders on employee issues, direction, and culture.
- Works with the Managing Director in providing on-going analysis of the leadership team. Regularly identifies leadership gaps, high potential employees, and corresponding actions so that the company will be proactively developing leadership "bench" strength.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate HR policies and procedures in place, that managers are educated and complying with the policies, and that he/she maintains and updates these on an on-going basis.
- The local HR employees in the different countries will report to the HR Manager
- Ensure accurate and complete Human Resources administration including personnel files, contracts, job descriptions, annual leave, and sickness absence and ensuring compliance
- To oversee the recruitment process, including liaising with employment agencies and vacancy posting, interviewing, offers & contracts, onboarding.
- Responsible for managing the Company Induction and Onboarding
- Responsible for conducting exit interviews and associated documentation for leavers, liaising with Accounts and the Facilities co-ordinator as required.
- To review and update the Employee and Company Handbook, in line with changes in law/company policy, in conjunction with the HR consultant.
- To maintain and ensure accurate and complete Company organisational charts
- Business Acumen - has a sound grasp of business principles, operations, challenges and issues so that he/she can provide value added HR solutions.
- Visionary and Strategic - must be a strategic thinker from two perspectives: first, must be able to contribute to the strategic thinking process at the organizational/ business perspective. Secondly, must be able to look at HR issues, challenges, and opportunities from a strategic perspective. Sees the "big" picture and understands the various trends, patterns, and relationships.
- Communication - Understands all elements of communication (written, oral, visual); knows what it means to be a good listener, and able to educate employees in developing this critical skill.
- Transformational Leader - Understands change, how it impacts employees, and knows how to develop a change management roadmap in driving successful change.
- Proactive Thinker - Is regularly "looking out" to understand potential issues, challenges and opportunities. Able to size situations up, can quickly decide and act, always in a thoughtful manner, but with a good sense of urgency.
- High degree of ethics and integrity (does what is right; does the right thing)
- Works in a collaborative and cooperative manner (role models teamwork; regularly looks to engage other staff within and outside of his/her department to ensure the best results)
- Is a passionate advocate for creating a learning environment (creates an environment where employees "feel safe" in challenging the status quo, trying innovative ideas, not afraid to fail with the idea of continuous improvement).
- Sense of Urgency (always works with an attitude of being responsive to customer and employee needs).
- Has in-depth experience in at least three of the major HR disciplines (e.g. Talent Acquisition, T&D, Employee Relations, Organizational Design, EE Communications, Health and Welfare, Performance Management).
- Has had a variety of experiences both in HR and general business, affording him/her the opportunity to develop a sound business acumen.
- Has demonstrated an ability to provide HR solutions that are formulated around the business needs, and not in the more typical HR vacuum.
- Has in-depth experience in talent acquisition (TA), successfully recruiting/selecting quality talent at all levels in the organization (i.e. from entry level through management, individual contributors, and technical positions).
- Has a command of all forms of employee communications and has demonstrated an ability to effectively educate employees on company vision, strategy, culture and the like.