Seeking a HR Business Partner for an incredibly successful, large retail group. I am looking for someone to join their lovely HR team who can support the development and delivery of the HR Strategy and drive the people and culture.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that the wider people strategy is understood and that local plans are aligned with the broader strategy
- Coaching and developing line managers to become confident and self-sufficient in first line HR matters
- Supporting line managers with performance improvement and development programmes to deliver a robust succession plan
- Actively identify gaps, propose and implement changes necessary to improve ways or working or negate risk
- Implementing initiatives to develop high employee engagement and good behaviours
- Analysing HR key targets and proposing actions for improvements
- Supporting recruitment for critical roles or key talent to ensure roles are filled to the highest standard
- Anticipates and plans HR projects efficiently
- Manage employee cases in-line with local legislation
- Support with organisational design including restructures and consultation processes
- Manage all induction and on-boarding of new starters
- Help to identify management development needs and ensure that they are effectively communicated and built into the business's development plans
- Champion the Groups Apprenticeship initiatives & Graduate schemes to encourage enthusiastic participation in and completion of the programmes
- Keeping up to date with employee legislations, making commercial recommendations when required
- Managing change management activities as required and advise and guide on re-organisations, restructurings, redundancies and transfers
- Use business results and HR data to monitor key performance indicators; identifying trends and implications for the business and to propose and recommend interventions for improvement.
- Act as the performance improvement driver and provoke positive changes in people management, reinforcing the importance of coaching, continuous and honest feedback and taking self-ownership for personal development.
- Experience of working within a commercially focused multi-site preferably retail or hospitality business
- Excellent technical ER knowledge and up to date knowledge of employment law
- Credible. Strong influencing and communication skills both verbal and written and the ability to adapt communication style appropriately.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge in core areas of ER, people development, talent acquisition, talent management, compensation and benefits and employee engagement
- An evident level of understanding and knowledge of equality, diversity & inclusion, equal opportunities, GDPR and the need for confidentiality
- Excellent attention to detail. Analytical and the ability to effectively disseminate data
- CIPD desired yet not essential if relevant experience in the role