We are recruiting for a new role for a commercial home designer specialising in hard goods to join my client who are a leading supplier to major UK retailers. My client is looking for an individual with previous home wear experience who can bring a commercial approach to the business, strong on product development & can work closely with buyers. Strong CAD skills are essential for this role and previous experience working for a supplier or retailer Hybrid working is offered and my client is open to perm or freelance.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Designing commercial and inspirational hard goods across homeware categories
- Analysis of trends and interpret to customer's commercial range.
- Work closely with buying and PD teams.
- Attend customer meetings with buyers and present.
- Create Detailed tech packs.
- Liaise regularly with overseas factories and ensure critical path is adhered too.
- Generate focused trend and inspirational research.
- Homeware experience essential within Hard goods
- Retail, brand, or supplier experience
- Commercial and trend focused portfolio required.
- Strong CAD skills
- Excellent attention to detail, confident to present to buyers.
- Ability to be self-sufficient and enjoy being hands on
- To be a strong team player and good organisational skills