With a strong background and extensive Merchandise Planning experience, you will be equipped and ready to lead the merchandise function. Having operated at a similar level in a related business (preferably multi-channel and multi-market), you'll play a key role in growing our clients business further. You'll be highly analytical, have fantastic leadership and management skills and be an excellent communicator. This is an amazing opportunity for a passionate, credible, experienced and dynamic individual to join a fast growing business where the sky's the limit!
Main responsibilities will include:
- Work with Finance Director and Commercial Director, to define, monitor and deliver the Consumer and Trade revenue and NAM budgets for each year.
- Execute forward financial KPI planning including OTB.
- Develop an annual strategic merchandising plan including option plan and mix, margins and price architecture.
- Work with Design and Buying to create and execute balanced and profitable product assortments.
- Work with Commercial Director on future product assortment across the key channels. Identify needs of global business units and ensure demand is met.
- Work with direct team to analyse and report on business performance and trends (weekly, monthly, quarterly, and seasonally).
- Maintain analysis of assortment planning, in-season analysis and post-season deep dives to ensure lessons learnt for future strategy.
- Develop and enhance analysis functions.
- Work closely with Web team and Marketing to initiate and develop actionable promotional calendar.
- Deliver effective stock management, improving stock-turn for the whole business.
- Liaise with Production to ensure maximum availability at launch and availability by style within each stock-pool throughout the season (both UK and European 3PL).
- Extensive proven experience in a Merchandise Planning capacity in a related business, operating at a similar level.
- Experience within the apparel industry would be a distinct advantage.
- Multi-channel and multi-market experience is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, the ability to draw insight and recommendations from large volumes of data, with accuracy and great attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: ability to communicate at executive level.
- Excellent product sensibility.
- Ability to take initiative, ownership and accountability for the business.
- Strong management and leadership experience
- Super organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Solid IT skills, with advanced MS Excel skills and the ability to learn in-house systems quickly.