We are working with this highly successful supplier of Ladies, Men’s and Childrenswear to major retailers throughout the UK, Europe and the USA high street fashion retailers. They are looking for a Head of Design who will oversee a team of designers on a day-to-day basis, guiding, mentoring and driving seasonal collections. This is a hands-on role and requires someone who is dynamic yet authoritative. You will have involvement with meeting buyers and developing ranges to meet clients specific brief.
A strong commercial supplier background is required working within a similar market.
Main Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Complete trend research, design and develop ranges working with the overseas factories and present to the customers.
- Work closely and liaise with factories in Bangladesh China and Sri Lanka.
- Ability to create bestselling ranges and be hands on with trends and giving direction and guidance to your team.
- Responsible for overseeing and mentoring a team of designers, in creating seasonal ranges to showcase product capability, market trends, design & innovation.
- Attend regular meetings with buyers via zoom/teams.
- Required to work in a fast-paced environment, high volume design/development.
- Sourcing of new fabrics and trims.
- Manage the Design budget..
- Manage and own the overall Design process from planning to sample execution in line with customer’s critical path.
- Help drive and support the business’ strategy especially across sustainability.
- Design experience across ladies, men’s and childrenswear preferred.
- Casual wear design experience across multi product.
- Previous supplier experience highly advantageous.
- Proactive, dynamic and autonomous working as well as being a good team player.
- Demonstrate longevity in your design career.
- Management of a small team required.
- Excellent communication at all levels along with, time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to present and work alongside key management in the business.