I'm thrilled to be representing a wonderful luxury womens ready to wear brand based in Manchester looking for a Head of Design. This brand celebrates empowering their customer with their statement designs, finest quality materials and exceptional craftsmanship to last and love a lifetime. I'm seeking a someone with a background in Occasion and eveningwear design.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Creative Director, lead the design of all product collections from initial concept to finished product.
- Generating fresh ideas and creating strong collections of high-quality product ranges throughout the year to our market to drive revenues.
- Managing budgets to hit targets working to tight deadlines.
- Keeping up to date with fashion trends with a strong commercial awareness always.
- Leading the product team and supporting the brand creatively.
- Establishing a strong, cohesive brand identity and expression in communication - in product, photoshoots, marketing and packaging in the physical and digital world.
- Analysing data on sales and returns with a commercial mindset always.
- Recruit, train, develop, lead and motivate a team to ensure that the business and segment objectives are met.
- Researching and identifying key trends.
- Responsible for presenting trends, mood boards and ranges to the Creative Director and Managing Director.
- Design commercial cohesive ranges in a rapid paced and energetic environment.
- Liaise with our factories to ensure ranges/styles are executed correctly.
- Working with the product team to produce accurate and detailed CAD drawings for sampling.
- Identify new product opportunities to support the growth and expansion of the business.
- 5+ years of proven success at a senior level with a product / creative role in the fashion industry in womenswear.
- 10+ years of fashion design experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the manufacturing process and raw materials to develop samples and ranges effectively and to cost.
- Experience of working with the Far East and European countries including visiting suppliers.
- Confidence in range development with a strong ability to predict fashion trends.
- Excellent knowledge of garment construction and manufacturing processes.
- The ability to produce accurate and detailed spec working drawings suitable for manufacturers to understand.
- Highly creative with excellent commercial awareness with the ability to recognise future trends.
- The confidence and ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Strong experience in leading a product and creative team and the confidence to establish creative direction within a company.
- Excellent communication skills to provide clear direction and leadership on creative concepts visually and verbally.
- The ability to manage multiple projects from concept to launch.