A fabulous opportunity has become available to join an established thriving fashion business who supply to the UK high street.
With a presence of over 15 years in the UK they are looking for an experienced designer to cover Ladies and Mens Graphics and Prints across trend led accounts. This area will cover mainly graphics / prints for tees, swim, shirts and activewear as the main focus area
You will need an eye for commercial product and flair for trends, you will have to be very skilled and experienced with the desire to develop career in a dynamic and fast-paced company.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and understanding the end consumer for the specific retailers and their needs for proper range building.
- Work closely with Designers, sales and sourcing teams in UK, Bangladesh, Turkey and with buyers to design the ranges
- Presentation of trends / designs to buyers and internal design teams, mood boards and market research.
- Daily contact with product designers, sales teams within the UK office
- Produce accurate and detailed CAD drawings for sampling relating to in house ranges as well as specific customer requirements.
- Carry out trend research and analysis, also create mood boards and colour trends
- Attend prediction and trade fairs and retain a strong awareness of current product on the High Street
- Guiding the customers/buyers on the market trends.
- Use of PLM system to share information with sourcing offices.
- You will need an eye for commercial product and flair for trends,
- you will have to be very skilled and experienced with the desire to develop career in a dynamic and fast-paced company
- High level of experience working as a graphic designer with a strong commercial 'handwriting' in a supplier environment (4-6yrs design knowledge)
- Professional personal presentation with excellent customer presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- On-trend, with great commercial forecasting ability.
- Experience of working with the Far East factories and suppliers.
- Possess a strong understanding of fabric and trim bases, graphics and embellishment.
- Strong cad skills with a good knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop
- Confidence in range development with a strong ability to predict fashion trends and customise them into commercial products in order to meet the expectations of the specific customer.
- Highly organised and capable of working to and managing deadlines, working as part of a team and individually self-motivated.
- Strong organisational skills and accuracy is critical.