An opportunity has arisen for my client who are a print and design focused supplier to most of the major retailers and supermarkets in the UK.
Based in Leicester, a fabulous new role has arisen within the print team across womenswear and childrenswear product. They are looking for a highly motivated individual with a few years' experience designing womenswear and childrenswear high end placement prints.
In this role you will be working autonomously on your own accounts but be part of an established team of Print Designers & Designers, reporting directly into the Director.
Main responsibilities will include :
- Designing womenswear and childrenswear placement prints for high end retailers
- Working across all jersey categories - Dresses, T-shirts, Skirts, Trousers, Loungewear & some sleepwear
- Detailed seasonal and ongoing research for future and current trend, this will include travel where possible
- Direct customer liaison, inc. attendance in buyer development meetings
- Generation of artwork for product sampling/sample management, working closely with factories & sampling units
- Passionate about print and graphic design within the fashion and apparel industry.
- Excellent knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop imperative.
- Womenswear print and graphic design experience essential
- Highly organised and capable of working to and managing deadlines.
- High attention to detail and eye for colour.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivated and possess initiative and self-reliance, but also the ability to work as part of a team.
- Good time management and prioritisation skills.