A great new opportunity has arisen for my client who is a successful supplier to several large retailers in the UK. They are looking for a commercial graphic designer to join their team working across ladies men's and childrenswear on Night and Loungewear.
Your role will be to design and create graphics for different customers to specific briefs, You will need to be a good commercial all-round graphic designer covering Novelty, prints, floral, slogan, be flexible in your approach and able to work across all areas.
This is a tremendous role and a great opportunity to work on a growing product area . This role will incorporate shape as well as graphic design. The role can be based from home but will require going to the office a few days a week as well as attending customer meetings.
Main Duties and responsibilities will include .
- Develop trend/mood/range boards, palettes
- Draw and scale accurate prints for factories to follow ensuring design sheets are clear for sampling
- Present to buyers and external design teams
- Work closely with the designer focusing on and ensuring a commercial outcome.
- Guiding the customers/buyers on the graphic trends
- Liaise with suppliers overseas
- Good cad skills / Shape Sketches skills with a good knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop
- Adaptable and can-do attitude is essential for managing responsibilities in this role
- Great customer presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to liaise with buyers and factories confidently
- Graphic and shape design across Ladies and CHildrenswear essential menswear desirable
- Working knowledge on Night/Loungewear preferred
- Experience of working with the Far East factories
- Possess a good understanding of graphics, embellishment, fabrics and print technologies
- Good time management and prioritisation skills