We have a new opportunity for a girl's wear designer to work for our client an incredibly successful business that is continuing to grow, supplying to well-known retailers across several premium brands. This role is covering multiproduct with an emphasis on Jersey and Sweats.
A background from either a supplier or a brand will be considered for this role. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly reputable global business offering progression. To be based in their Central London design Studio with some flexibility to work from home.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Designing commercial ranges for girlswear multiproduct
- Being aware of current trends and producing mood/direction boards.
- Preparing design/factory packs and artwork for sampling
- Working closely with the Sales team, attending meetings, and presenting cads/samples to buyers.
- Following designs from the first sample stage through to production.
- Keeping up to date with fashion trends including colours and shapes.
- Maintaining the company identity and developing its product portfolio.
- The role involves liaising with other departments within the company for example: merchandising, QA & overseas factories
- Good communication skills essential - the role involves liaising with other departments within the company for example: merchandising and QA & overseas factories
- At least 3 years of girlswear experience strong jersey experience needed
- To be proficient on Mac in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Ability to think outside the box and design commercial, creative multiproduct girlswear
- Good team player
- Strong CAD Skills
- Supplier or Branded experience