We have a new and exciting role for a General Manager across Operations to work for a large multinational company with world-class manufacturing facilities.
Based in India, you will work closely with the Head of Process to be responsible for the entire Technical and Production team. You will be overseeing the running of all the units functioning and operations from availability of resources.
Whilst this role is in fashion apparel, they are looking for someone with experience from the automotive industry to look at things through a different lens.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- To direct and ensure the proper management of all operations across production, operations, quality assurance and on time deliveries.
- Contribute to the overall business strategy and provide direction to the management on all aspects related to operations & production at the factory.
- Monitor and review the unit performance targets vs plan, ensuring budgeted targets are achieved.
- Effectively manage the running of all units operations from availability of resources, timely planning and effective production.
- Be always on top continuously evaluate, minimise complexities, optimise, improve processes and quality.
- Be responsible for compiling and putting in place annual Manpower budget and closely reviewing budgets to keep in line with the plan across customer complaints and factory evaluation.
- Experience in the automotive industry is advantageous.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience across Operations.
- To work closely and collaboratively with other Senior Business Heads to achieve KPI's.
- Has a solid understanding of effective production, quality and costings.
- A go getter with a positive mindset and can-do attitude.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to talk to all levels within an organisation.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English is a must.