Are you an experienced Knitwear technologist looking for a new opportunity to work for my client on fully fashioned ladies knitwear supplying to leading high street retailers.
This role requires someone with a strong background in knitwear and experience dealing with high street retailers and attending fit sessions with clients as well as the ability to be commercial and work in an independent proactive manner as well as being part of a friendly team.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Take ownership of knitwear styles from the design team once the garment has been sold
- Responsible for approval of garments and advising on all aspects on fit, construction and quality related issues
- Creating size specifications and technical packs for issue to factories
- Ensuring samples are developed from initial stage to finished production sample are commercially viable, checked and approved according to customer requirement
- Attending fit sessions as required, relaying fit comments and amendments to factories.
- Staying up to date with innovations and developments in knitwear production, working with factories to develop styles
- Working closely within internal design, sampling, sales and merchandising teams, and to develop strong working relationships with customers own technical teams
- Liaising on all technical matters with the internal teams ensuring that the critical path dates are achieved
Attending fit meetings with customers and translating the comments to overseas factories
- Excellent knowledge of working within knitwear is essential previous supplier experience prefered
- Previous experience of working with UK high street retailers
- Great team player but equally able to work on own initiative
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A keen eye for detail and a passion for product
- Strong and effective communication skills and ability to build positive relationships with customers, suppliers and team members
- Experience of dealing with offshore factories
- A solid knowledge of working within knitwear is essential
- Previous experience of working with UK high street retailers is essential
- A minimum of 3 years commercial knitwear experience
- Must be a good team player
- Excellent communication skills are required