My boutique knitwear supplier is looking for a Garment Technologist to cover knitwear across womens, mens and childrenswear. You will be part of a lovely team of Designers and Account Managers and report into the Director.
This person must already have established technical knowledge an understanding of knitwear.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Advise key measurement and construction detailing to design/development packs to facilitate production of samples.
- Measure and fit all samples during the development process in collaboration with the Knitwear Designer.
- Update each style with comprehensive fit comments providing detailed technical instructions to suppliers.
- Managing, working towards and updating the critical path from proto sample to bulk production.
- Fitting and approval of bulk sealing samples, preparing graded size charts for production.
- Reviewing base and bulk test reports of all fabrics and trims and approving wash care instructions.
- Strong technical knowledge of knitwear, garment fitting and construction.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role.
- The ability to effectively communicate across internal departments and external sources.
- Knowledge of fabric, lab testing and assessment of results.
- Keen eye for detail and team player.
- Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.