Our client is a globally recognised fashion supplier that delivers to some of the most popular products to the high street market. They are looking for an experienced Garment Technologist to be based in their Leicester offices. You will work closely with the design team and factories assuring all work is approved and production runs efficiently. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company working with such accounts as Disney, Warner Bros, Pokémon and more! Offering Friday early finishes as well as great long-term employment incentives.
Main Responsibilities will include
- Work to the Critical Path Priorities - Chasing suppliers for required fit samples and paperwork.
- Risk assessment of garments proposed for production from a safety point of view ( children's wear ) and to ensure production-friendly construction.
- Assess fit samples against previous comments - for any measurement discrepancies, incorrect make-up and overall quality etc - document the findings ready for fit sessions.
- Attend fit sessions with customers where necessary as well as fitting in- house.
- Write up fit session notes/comments, communicate clearly to suppliers and factories any requests or amendments made by yourself or the customer. A good knowledge of customer workbooks is essential.
- Storing fit/sealer samples in an orderly manner.
- Analyse and check 3rd party AQL reports sent from factories with regards to final shipment approval.
- Communicate Warehouse Inspection results to the supplier.
- Follow up on specific quality issues to ensure the problem is corrected and not repeated.
- A solid knowledge of garment construction on a range of jersey bases.
- Garment and fabric testing knowledge would be beneficial as would a knowledge of printing/print techniques.
- Previous experience working with UK High Street customers.
- A firm understanding of creating and grading size specs is essential.
- Pattern cutting experience would be beneficial but not essential.
- Organised and efficient - the ability to multi-task, prioritise and work to deadlines
- Good communication skills and the ability to manage your own workload.
- IT literate with skills in Word, Excel and Outlook packages
- Professional and credible with the ability to work on own initiative and also as part of the wider team
- Full UK driving license essential