I've got a great new role for my client who are a one-of-a-kind luxury knitwear supplier who specialise in fine gauge knitwear and supply to UK retailers and e-tailers.
With over 50 years experience supplying fashion knitwear they are recruiting for a Garment Presser to be part of an established technical team. This is a great junior role to get your foot within the fashion industry and gain a lot of technical fabric knowledge.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for adjusting machines temperature and speed depending on the fabric being used.
- Press the garments at different stages within the production process, during production and at shipment stage in the final stage of production.
- Use of steamers, vacuum pressers and aware of hand pressing using the appropriate method for delicate and intricate items.
- Work within the factory using steam pressure machines to iron out any creases on the garments.
- Laying garments out on a flat press bed and passing steam through them whilst padding out creases.
- Work within the factory using steam pressure machines.
- Ideally some experience working in the textiles industry.
- Pressing experience advantageous but not necessary.
- Friendly, hardworking with a can do attitude and willingness to learn.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a challenging and fast moving environment.
- Problem solving mindset and keen eye for detail.