An exciting opportunity has arisen to become a freelance older girls graphic and shape designer, more focused on teen than younger girls.
My client is part of a large group who supplier multiple volume fashion retailers for the UK and European market. Their business is going from strength to strength and this role has arisen as they have secured a new account and require a designer a few days per month to support the growth of the business. This is a remote role as the supplier is based in Sri Lanka.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Creating seasonal trend boards for older girls/teens based on catwalks, shop research and market intelligence
- Working closely with the team in Sri Lanka to capitalize on the fabric sourcing, technique development and other building blocks available to guide our offer to the customer
- Regular communication with the customer - buying manager, design manager, and graphics lead and present the company professionally and confidently
- Creating graphic and garment designs that fall in line with Sri Lanka capabilities and customer target prices
- Create detailed tech packs that can easily be followed by the factories and artwork plants
- Commercial awareness and understanding of the UK high street, particularly for women's and older girls
- Proficiency in AI and PS
- Flexible approach and willingness to get involved wherever necessary
- Confident and positive attitude - ability to drive communication with the customers with tangible results
- Collaborative attitude and ability to work with offshore teams
- Knowledge of lead times and target prices, to ensure the right product is offered at the right time
- Knowledge of Sri Lanka capabilities would be a bonus