An exciting opportunity has arisen for my client a leading luxury brand with stores throughout the Uk and Europe. In addition to their own stores they have several franchise partners stores across Asia and the Middle East. Their aim is to grow the franchise business over the next few years with a particular focus on China.
This role will play a significant part in driving this growth, and as such requires someone who can demonstrate proven experience growing a franchise business within Asia and the Middle East for a luxury /premium fashion brand.
Main Responsibilities will include
- Manage and drive the franchise business to ensure success for the brand and franchise partners
- Identify and secure new partnerships and store openings
- Identify potential franchise partners and determine whether they would be profitable and aligned with the vision of the brand
- Re-organise processes to streamline and ensure it is scalable and set up for growth
- Ensure a solid understanding of the strategy for wholesale distribution to avoid conflict and ensure harmony between the wholesale and franchise business
- Oversee wholesale sales to franchise partners to ensure they are buying the correct product for their stores and meeting or exceeding their spend commitments
- Conduct market appointments with partners in London and Paris four times a year to sell the relevant collections to them
- Together with the Planning team, track the weekly sales for all partners, conduct analysis and prepare reports for the business
- Work with franchise partners and Merchandising team to ensure the correct product is available for all regions.
- Provide feedback and manage expectations so the Merchandising and Design teams cater to the franchise business needs
- Work with the Customer Care team to ensure a high level of support to all franchise partners in regard to swaps, reorders, shipments, returns, etc
- Ensure franchise partners work closely with the Marketing team to ensure their marketing activities are within brand guidelines
- Collaborate with the Retail team to ensure the International Franchise network of stores is an extension of their own store strategy and consumer experience
- Ensure franchise partners work closely with the Visual Merchandising team to ensure visual and window standards are being met and adhered to.
- Ability and willingness to travel overseas, to visit stores to ensure standards are being met, staff are trained, and partnerships are operating smoothly
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with partners based overseas
- Experience growing a franchise business within Asia and the Middle East within a luxury retail brand
- A highly motivated and organised individual
- A positive and authoritative individual not afraid to challenge
- Works well independently and within a team structure
- A second language is preferred but not required
- Excel Skills