A great new opportunity has arisen for my client who is a successful supplier to several large retailers in the UK.
They are looking for a commercial FASHION graphic designer who is also able to work on basic shapes too to join their team working across ladies, men's, and children .
Fashion experience essential, nightwear knowledge would be highly advantageous.
Your role will be to design and create graphics for different customers to specific briefs, you will need to be a good commercial all-around graphic designer covering novelty, prints, floral, slogan, be flexible in your approach, and able to work across all areas. This is a tremendous role and a great opportunity to work on a growing product area.
Main Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Develop trend/mood/range boards, palettes
- To Design commercial graphics covering novelty, prints, floral, slogan for placement and AOL
- Draw and scale accurate prints for factories to follow ensuring design sheets are clear for sampling
- Present to buyers and external design teams
- Work closely with the designer focusing on and ensuring a commercial outcome.
- Guiding the customers/buyers on the graphic trends
- Liaise with suppliers overseas
- Previous Apparel Graphics Experience in a similar position
- Must have clothing experience
- Good cad skills / Shape Sketches skills with a good knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop
- Adaptable and can-do attitude is essential for managing responsibilities in this role
- Great customer presentation and communication skills, both verbal and in writing.
- Ability to liaise with buyers and factories confidently
- Experience of working with the Far East factories
- Possess a good understanding of graphics, embellishment, fabrics, and print technologies
- Good time management and prioritisation skills