Our client is one of the leading fabric suppliers to many fashion high street retailers in the UK. They are looking to recruit a confident self-motivated, Fabric technologist/Fabric tester. You will need to be experienced in dealing with high street retailers such as Arcadia, New Look, River Island etc, along with knowledge on sustainability within the industry. The role will provide Technical and administrative support for both the sales & production team, managing and prioritising their own workload.
Main responsibilities will include
- Submit and maintain base & bulk testing for customers' requirements, liaising with internal departments, suppliers and customers.
- Go through all customer manuals and testing requirements ensuring that nothing is missed.
- Keep up to date with Reach Compliance and relevant regulations and guidelines in accordance to customer requirements.
- To advise on fabric specifications, and where necessary make improvements to a fabrics performance to meet customers' requirements.
- Chase relevant labs for test reports to ensure they are received back in timely manner, and deal with any failures/ issues where necessary.
- Assess and evaluate reports regarding customer complaints related to fabric performance.
- Advising care Labels based on base and bulk test reports
- Maintain and update their own Critical Path while keeping in tune with the final delivery dates given to customers
- Must have experience with cloth and must understand cloths.
- Experience sourcing fabrics.
- Someone who knows all about fabric testing.
- Good knowledge of fabrics and qualities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Strong fabric and textile product manufacturing knowledge.
- team player
- Customer focused attitude.