A great opportunity has arisen to work with a successful specialist menswear supplier for several high street retailers . This role is working across multiproduct menswear. My client is looking for a commercial and proactive individual to join their team. Someone who is able to identify and solve problems ,have the ability and a proven track record of sourcing and identifying new fabrics and who is comfortable meeting with retailers and solving any problems. This is a great role for an experienced Fabric Technologist to be part of a thriving business. Retail or Supplier background within menswear required for this role.
Main Responsibilities will include :
- Liaising with the design and garment technical teams to ensure fabrics are fit for purpose and approved in accordance with critical path.
- Ensure clear communications is maintained with key customers, overseas offices and fabric suppliers
- Be aware of new developments and innovations in respect of fabrics and fabric processing to introduce and deliver any changes that would be of benefit to the business.
- Work closely with mills, factories and overseas offices to ensure all technical data, colour standards and administrative processes are completed efficiently and approved
- Problem solve all fabric issues.
- Assessment or participation in the lab dip approval management system.
- Base fabric testing and base approval.
- Bulk Fabric, Garment Testing and Trim Testing, confirm garment labels
- Carry out Fabric Mill, Garment Laundries and Garment Manufacturer evaluations
- Drive technical fabric innovations.
- Maintain accurate records and archives
- Previous experience working in a similar role for a supplier or retailer
- Confident to meet with retailers when needed
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and cope under pressure
- A relevant degree and ideally experience of Fabric Production and Wet Processing ideally in both Near and Far East
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Flexible approach, with an ability to demonstrate diplomacy and tenacity as required.