Our Client, a major UK Outerwear manufacturing company based in Hertfordshire, are looking for an experienced Fabric Technologist to join their friendly team. They are very close to the station and they also have parking on site.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Own and run fabric performance standards.
- Be responsible for the fabric library.
- Work closely with the design team to create fabric development briefs.
- Ensure all new fabrics are rigorously lab tested.
- Work closely with the product development team on wear testing standards.
- Monitor closely the progress of new fabric development through the product. development process in to bulk production.
- Set and control bulk quality standards.
- Assist the design team with sourcing new fabrics.
- Own the relationships with mills for fabric development.
- Research and present new fabric technologies.
- A proven track record of fabric developments, relationships of performance fabric mills.
- Must have experience with cloth and must understand cloths.
- Experience sourcing fabrics.
- Someone who knows all about fabric testing.
- Good knowledge of fabrics and qualities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Previous experience within fashion essential and preferably outerwear.