A great opportunity has arisen to work with a successful supplier for several high street retailers . This role is working across multiproduct womenswear and menswear. My client is looking for a proactive individual to join their team. You will need to able to identify technical and commercial issues, identify roadblocks and come up with innovative and commercially viable solutions.
You have the ability and a proven track record of sourcing new fabrics, including sustainable fibres and elevating core fabric bases within commercial parameters as well as interacting and communicating with customers
This is a great role for Fabric Technologist to be part of a thriving business and an opportunity to grow your career Retail or Supplier background.
- Be very organized in digital filing and physical files maintenance for all communication for fabrics, queries and approvals with all stakeholders
- Take the lead in 'fabric handover' meetings with sales teams to record available details efficiently
- Liaising with the sales teams, garment technical team and design to help ensure the fabrics are fit for purpose and approved in accordance with critical path.
- Ensure clear communications is maintained with key customers technical teams, fabric suppliers ,overseas offices Fabric and Merchandising teams.
- Work closely with mills, factories and overseas offices to ensure all technical data, colour standards and administrative processes are completed efficiently
- Lead the Base technical Quality submissions and approvals from customers and communicate to stakeholders and maintain clear records
- Problem-solve fabric with preemptive risk management, to resolve fabric issues
- Understand each customer Testing requirement for Base and Bulk Fabric, and also confirm Garment Care Codes and labels to support regional merchandising and fabric teams.
- Follow ups for Sustainability certifications based on each customers requirements- understanding of the BCI tracker will be an added advantage.
- Develop an understanding of each customers Garment and Trim testing requirements based on their testing Manuals and guide regional teams as and when required.
- Guide mills on course of action on challenging fabrics and test standards
- Drive developments and innovations in respect of fabrics and fabric processing to introduce and deliver any changes.
- Previous experience working in a similar role for a supplier or retailer. Strong Jersey fabric knowledge is essential
- A relevant degree and ideally experience of Technical Fabric Production, ideally in both Near and Far East.
- Experience in and Wet Processing will be an advantage.
- Some experience in Sustainable fibres and traceability will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and cope under pressure
- Confident to interact with customers at retail brands when needed
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Flexible approach, with an ability to demonstrate diplomacy and tenacity as required.
- Happy to travel as and when required for fabric sourcing and technical business needs.