We have a fantastic new role for a client of ours who are reputable, well established and work with majority of high street retailers.
They are looking for a Fabric and Yarn Assistant to help support the growth of their business. The ideal candidate does not need to have fabric experience, but your role is imperative to the success of the fabric/yarn team so you must be organised, hardworking, good at chasing for replies and keeping to deadlines.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Raising fabric and yarn orders and ensuring these are received within the deadline.
- Answering queries from the mills and escalating these to the Design Manager/ Technical Manager where necessary.
- Sending new fabric developments to mills. Adding these fabrics to the tracker and chasing for fabric hangers to be sent to UK.
- Organising the fabric and yarn libraries
- Keeping our database of mill certificates up to date and chasing for renewed certificates before the expiry date
- Uploading information to our customers' databases
- Sending wearer trial requests to factories and chasing these in. Making sure these
- A keen eye for detail and be able to spot mistakes on test reports etc.
- Knowledge of knitted fabric production as well as dyeing processes would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of sustainable fibres and verification routes, i.e. BCI Platform, GRS Certificates.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Good knowledge of fabrics