We have a great opportunity for an established Girlswear Designer to join our client who are a successful supplier to several large retailers. They are looking for a commercial trend led Designer who has a strong background in Girlswear across the different age groups..
In this role, you must have a great eye for trends and for print, excellent CAD skills and have experience presenting stories, concepts, inspirations, and designs to Buyers. You will need to be trend-driven and be able to drive Girlswear development with a commercial eye for newness.
This is a London Based role with some flexibility where appropriate.
Main duties will include:
- Create and develop product designs tailored to the company's customer base/ volume retailers.
- Creating on-trend, forward-thinking yet commercial Girlswear designs in response to briefs.
- Researching lifestyle trends and blogs, being aware of relevant influencers.
- Implementing direction and innovation for the season across print, fabric and trim.
- Communicating effectively with all internal and external teams.
- Working closely with the in-house sales and production team along with retail Buyers.
- Overseeing the development of all sampling ensuring deadlines are met.
- Working closely with the rest of the design team.
- Girlswear experience is essential within a commercial environment.
- Previous supplier experience or relevant retailer.
- A strong understanding of the current trends and the ability to anticipate new trends.
- Must have good CAD and illustration skills.
- Experienced and confident in presenting ideas, trends and design work.
- A hands-on can-do attitude, someone who is hard working, innovative, positive and a good team player.