We are delighted to working with this established ladieswear supplier who are looking at expanding and are seeking a well-connected individual with a proven background and track record of dealing with large volume retailers and supermarket chains within Germany, France or Spain. You will be responsible for developing new business and managing the accounts. You will be working closely with in house design and merchandising teams in the UK to ensure ranges are a made suitable for the regional customers.
You will need to have good relationships with international buyers, be personable and have several years working in a similar role for a supplier.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Develop and manage all new business
- Work with in house design teams to ensure relevant product for appropriate market
- Ensure orders taken meet delivery dates
- Liaise with the production teams and factories abroad re all samples
- Daily Liaison with Design teams on product and development for customers
- Negotiation on pricing and delivery
- Good understanding of margins and working with merchandisers and buyers
- Proven track record of success within a supplier background
- Strong knowledge of the European market
- 2ND language desirable but not essential
- Previous experience working with a supplier in a similar role is essential
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Dynamic, hands on go-getter who can think on their feet
- Excellent communication skills to communicate with factories and clients
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to prioritise workload