This is an exciting new opportunity with a fantastic client of ours who are a leading clothing manufacturer. They are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Ethical Trade Coordinator to join their expanding team, focused on the compliance side of garment production. This is a great opportunity to work across multiple customers and sourcing countries, working for a small UK based team within a large global organisation. The successful candidate would gain invaluable knowledge of the manufacturing side of the clothing industry and customer standards within the Compliance field across ethical, social, technical and sustainable measures.
There is plenty of opportunity to develop within this role and make it your own in this important and growing sector of the industry.
The successful applicant should be technically proficient and comfortable with data and analysis, a great communicator who enjoys liaising with people, strong on administration and detail and with a curiosity and interest in garment manufacturing and responsible and ethical sourcing.
Main Role Responsibilities:
- Supporting Factories with sustainability, ethical and technical compliance initiatives and requirements.
- Reviewing Audit Information using systems such as Sedex, MIS system and other alternative methods.
- Manage and maintain compliance data.
- Manage Sedex Data and prepare reports and analysis
- Communicate with Customers and Global Compliance Teams
- Manage Supplier Portals with key customers across supermarkets and retailers
- Manage and Report on Compliance Trackers including updating, reviewing and monitoring progress.
- Ability to work independently and in a team with a pro-active nature
- A strong interest in garment manufacture and ethical, sustainable and quality factors.
- Strong on process and working with systems.
- Good attention to detail and excellent organisation and administration skills
- Excellent communication with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to work on a number of systems, excel spreadsheets etc.
- A great team player who works with the office teams, customers teams and the broader team overseas.
- Positive and enthusiastic to bring about improvements in compliance.