We have a fantastic new opportunity to join a leading UK supplier based in Leicester who are looking to expand their Jersey Design Team.
My client works with a mix of hi-fashion, mid-market retailers and e-tailers as well as supermarkets and is looking for someone with commercial fashion handwriting who has had experience working within a UK supplier.
If you have also had experience manufacturing out of the UK and Turkey, this would also be very beneficial. This company place a huge focus on culture and offer many perks and benefits.
The role offers hybrid working.
Main Duties and responsibilities will include:
- You will identify and translate the must-have trends for fashion ladies jersey.
- Liaise with customers, attend presentations as and when required with Sales Director.
- Understand garment construction and production constraints.
- Sourcing new fabrics and developing newness.
- Produce detailed tech packs and liaise with factories in the UK and Turkey.
- Develop new trims and fabrics with fast fashion in mind.
- Identify and update bestsellers to drive repeat business.
- Manage Sampling and Development of Critical Path.
- Minimum 2- 3 years commercial jersey design experience.
- Young - mid market fashion portfolio required across, lounge, dresses, tops.
- Must be confident as you will be involved with all customer meetings and design development.
- Excellent CAD skills ideally with Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Able to work on their own - take initiative and work as part of a team.
- Friendly, motivated and enthusiastic.