Our client is one of the UK's largest fashion accessory houses and is a supplier to the high street, value retailers and supermarkets both in the UK and Europe. They have grown from a small wholesaler to designing and sourcing products. They are looking for a hard accessories designer to be based in their offices in London, designing watch ranges for high street customers. This is a maternity cover role.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Maintain sample development spreadsheets and manage sample lead-times and plan accordingly ahead of anticipated meetings.
- Check all incoming new samples against original CADs, request re-work of incorrect samples.
- Check PP samples against original development sample or CAD.
- Research new trend colours, materials and key brand releases and ask the factory to source new PU, components and dial materials where needed.
- Comp shop every 3 months.
- CAD new watch ranges for existing and new targeted customers, both men's and ladies.
- Review previous customer selections and CAD move-ons for successful styles.
- Prepare sample rolls for all meetings.
- Work with jewellery team to produce new watch and jewellery sets in packaging.
- CAD packaging where needed, e.g. for gift sets, or when requested by customer.
- Produce seasonal trend reports for sales to use in meetings.
- Produce customer specific presentations of new product, sometimes in collaboration with jewellery.
- Photograph all incoming samples, cut-out/edit in Photoshop and produce monthly 'new in' product packs for existing customers.
- Maintain showroom.
- Previous experience as Hard accessories designer
- Watch design experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Previous experience designing for a similar supplier/customer
- CAD experience using Photoshop, Illustrator
- Experience of presenting ranges and developments to customers
- Experience working with factories in the Far East on product