Due to continued success and growth we are recruiting a Mid-level Ladieswear Designer for our client, a leading high street retail brand delivering on the latest trends to the young adult market. They are looking for ambitious Ladieswear Designer to work across their new in-house brand. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on a new team and brand working closely with the buyers. The right candidate will have a fantastic eye for shape and confidence within Wovens. Experience working with India advantageous for this role. You will design and contribute to the constant development of new product ranges, offer innovation and fresh approaches to design.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the design of current young Ladieswear
- Developing a variety of inspirational capsule collections from tailoring/workwear to beachwear.
- Liasing closely with the other designers within the brand.
- Put together Design, Mood, Colour and Trend Boards
- Sourcing of fabric and trims
- To produce detailed technical packs for accurate first-time samples
- Travel overseas to shows, factories and Head office
- Previous experience designing Womenswear wovens
- Strength in shape
- Good understanding of fabrics, fabric manipulation, and fabric techniques
- Good understanding of garment construction
- Possess excellent communication skills at all levels
- Able to travel overseas several times a year
- Strong CAD skills
- Previous experience working with India is advantageous
- Experience working for a Brand/High Street retailer advantageous but not essential.
- Able to work under pressure
- Good team working skills