Our client is part of a multi million £ conglomerate with over 20 subsidiaries within their business supplying fast fashion to retailers across the globe.
As part of their growing expansion we are actively recruiting a woman's soft separates/ casual wear Designer to be based in either Paris or Barcelona.
The ideal candidate would need to have designed young fast fashion to either many of the French fashion retailers such as Printemps, Monoprix, Promod or brands within the Inditex Group such as Zara, Bershka, Stradivarius, Pull and Bear or Mango.
The ideal candidate will be someone with international or European experience in fast fashion design, having worked in fast-paced environments.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Implement fashion forward trends in line with customer requirements
- Research and produce current design conceptions and trends
- Researching the high street, gain inspiration from Infuencers, and Bloggers
- Source fabrics, and trims by attending fabric fairs, mills
- Responsible for sample requests & Tech Packs, liaising with the factories
- Demonstrate strong CAD skills using Adobe packages.
- Strong experience in womens wear multi product designs on wovens
- Able to use Microsoft packages to compile spreadsheets
- Experience of identifying current trends and shapes from catwalks to blog sites, comp shop trips and translate into commercial product and also produce customer trend analysis presentation boards.
- A good Knowledge and understanding of techniques, fabrics and finishes.
- Ability to work to design briefs buying sign off requirements.
- Applicants must have a keen eye for detail.
- Able to produce high quality specification sheets
- Good organisational skills and time management.
- Strong presentation skills and verbal communication at all levels.
- Preferable experience working for the Inditex group through a supplier or for the brand.
- Fluent in French or Spanish helpful