Are you a denim design specialist with a flair for the latest trends who can take responsibility and ownership for your designs ? If so this opportunity could be just right for you.
We are recruiting for premium level denim brand offering a capsule wardrobe for women, aimed at the young sophisticated end of the market. Our client is looking for an inspirational experienced denim designer with a soft feminine handwriting who has previous experience working for a similar brand
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Design, Research & Manage directional ranges for all customers .
- Seasonal Denim Range planning including fabric sourcing
- Continuous updating, directional denim washes and fabric development with key Denim mills
- Product range development including trips to overseas factories
- Overseeing all sample development ensuring deadlines are met for customer range builds and sign-off dates.
- Strong buyer and designer relations - liaising daily via e-mail with regular customers and attending meetings
- Clear understanding of customer critical path and sound awareness of ordered product.
- Owning the critical path and heading all new seasons brainstorming, fabric sourcing and maintaining all development deadline dates
- Excellent trend prediction skills and be confident in your chosen washes and key shapes.
- A strong ladies wear denim design background from a premium brand is essential
- Ability to work independently and in a proactive manner as well and able to work as part of a close knit team
- Confident and able to present to buyers
- Additional design experience across Jersey and woven as the brand offers complementary pieces