Our client is an international super brand that delivers trend-led casualwear to the young adult market. They are recruiting for a Senior Denim/Casual bottom designer to be based in Hong Kong, this is a fantastic opportunity for a someone with solid commercial denim experience. The right candidate will have an in depth understanding of denim fabrics, have spent time in the mills and the factories selecting fabrics and creating washes.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Develop trend-led collections of denimwear & casual bottoms in high volume
- Be responsible for sourcing and developing fabrics and trims
- Developing and creating washes
- Visiting the factories on a regular basis liaising with the production team
- Trend forecasting by undertake shopping research trips and client meetings assuring your designs fit the given brief
- The role involves market research, sample execution and client presentations.
- Previous experience designing young women's fast fashion denim and casual bottoms to a high volume
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of technical washes and fabrics
- Have a good understanding of garment costing
- Experience designing for the US market preferred or designing for major UK/European retail groups
- Demonstrate longevity in your designing career
- Excellent communication at all levels
- Time management and organisational skills are essential
- Strong sketching and CAD skills are essential
- Higher Diploma / Degree in Fashion Design
- Creative abilities and merchant skills to steer design towards the needs of individual retailers.
- 3+ years similar position in Womenswear fashion design