Our client is a highly successful manufacturer and supplier of casual wovens and casual jersey to major US & European retail groups.They specialise in ladies mens and casual bottoms; knit woven, denim and non denim, casual, career and activewear, for the Missy and Junior customers.They have a fantastic trend office based in New York that supports the main Hong Kong office with colour forecasting, trend information, market research and shopping. They are now looking for an experienced Designer for their young women's department to focus on their Denim and casualbottoms department.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Required to work in a fast paced environment,
- High volume design/development based in Hong Kong.
- Responsible for developing bestselling styles for young women's active and leisurewear
- Develop trend-led collections tailored towards suppliers' customers throughout the year
- Responsible for sourcing and developing fabrics and trims
- Overseas travel to the factories for development, fabric & trim sourcing, shopping research trips and client meetings
- The role involves market research, shopping, sample execution and client presentations.
- Previous experience designing young women's fast fashion denim and casual bottoms
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of technical washes and fabrics and yarns
- Good understanding of garment costing
- Experience designing for the US market preferred or designing for major UK/European retail groups
- Demonstrate longevity in your designing career
- Excellent communication at all levels along with time management and organisational skills are essential
- Strong sketching and CAD skills are essential
- Higher Diploma / Degree in Fashion Design
- Creative abilities and merchant skills to steer design towards the needs of individual retailers.
- 3+ years similar position in Womenswear fashion design