We are working with a market leading supplier of Ladies Knitwear working with midmarket retailers and e-tailers UK fashion retailers who focus on quality and style, They are looking for an additional Knitwear Designer to join their team and their suburb modern Head office based in Leicester.
In this position you will be part of an established team you will be reporting directly into the Design Manager. It's imperative to be innovative, show creativity and flair, designing quality garments. A strong commercial knitwear design background from either a supplier or retailer is required.
Main Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Constantly researching fashion trends, creating story boards, designing, hand sketching and developing.
- Ability to create bestselling commercial ranges.
- Supporting and working with the knitwear design team, account managers and garment technologists working to design commercial, fashion-led knitwear.
- Awareness of sustainable trading and ethical manufacturing.
- Liaise with our overseas factories and to produce detailed design sheets for sampling.
- Attend customer meetings and work to set briefs.
- Manage sampling development of critical path.
- Required to work in a fast-paced environment, high volume design/development.
- Sourcing of new fabrics and trims.
Person Specifications :
- Previous supplier or retail experience within knitwear with a strong commercial eye.
- Team player who is open to taking direction.
- Attention to detail and highly technical.
- Strong communication at all levels along with organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines.