We are delighted to be representing a fabulous growing supplier who has an exceptional team and is currently expanding in this climate. Our client manufacturers ladies knitwear and jersey & woven and are now looking at expanding their product offering with their existing clients into knitted accessories-.hats, scarves gloves across ladies & menswear
They are looking for someone to work closely with the Sales and Design Director creating bespoke ranges of both ladies and men's knitted accessories for the UK market for large supermarket and retail chains.
This role will be an initial freelance opportunity with the view to going permanent. You will be meeting with buyers and so will need to be confident in presenting ranges.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Design and develop seasonal ranges
- Trend research
- Building range plans and presenting ideas to customers
- Following both fashion and market trends
- Product development, sampling, and costing
- Working closely with factories and developing strong relationships with customers
- Maintaining and building relationships with customers, colleagues, and suppliers
- Working closely with the Sales Director to provide exceptional design work for the customers and also providing CAD's, mood boards, and sketches.
Person specification :
- Previous knitwear experience designing accessories
- Commercially aware: you will possess all the skills required to produce exciting designs that meet and deliver customer requirements.
- You will be energetic, highly motivated, and looking to immerse yourself in this challenging position.
- Skills required are Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and also you will have good hand drawing skills.
- You will need to be an organised person, and able to manage time and workload well.
- You should be confident in presenting your work to customers and communicating with the Far East factories.
- Previous experience with dealing with high street retailers
(Please send relevant artwork with your application )