I am currently recruiting a Senior Children’s Jewellery and Accessories Designer to join a wonderful business that supply to the High street fashion market. This company is incredibly successful, established and offers brilliant progression opportunities. This role is to work remotely with 2 – 3 days in their Essex office.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Manage team, work collaboratively across the Group, ensuring achievement of KPIs, and contribute to creating a positive working environment for all colleagues, inspiring team in a positive and professional manner to work to the best of their abilities.
- Manage design team to develop and implement a focused brand strategy, establishing clear brand positioning in the market. Source and develop products that excite and inspire the customer and gives reasons to shop our ranges.
- Manage and deliver the financial plan for the brand, adhering to budgets and maintaining appropriate cost controls. Actively monitor trading across the brand and react to sales, making timely decisions and seeking new selling opportunities to maximise revenue and profitability from each season. Identify gaps in the market and react quickly to emerging trends and ‘must have’ products, ensuring speed to market with new innovative profiles and product areas.
- Build strong customer knowledge. Ensure collections meet the customer profile and brand identity, delivering an appropriate balance of product assortment between high fashion and commerciality.
- Lead in creating & designing innovative, original designs and concepts, applying techniques, applications and ideas that translate into complete ranges for buyers. Take responsibility for product range boards, leading first look mood boards and original inspiration themes, through colour, trend, handmade samples and design sheets.
- Closely manage the development of each range for the brand, working with all relevant functions, staying close to the detail and resolving design specification queries. As required, to further support and appropriately influence buying and merchandising, attend ‘second look’ range building and trade meetings.
- Manage and implement key activities in the ‘critical path’ to ensure design compliance for all products and ranges.
- Undertake competitive retail analysis to ensure knowledge of brand positioning and customer profile remain current. Research collate and deliver trend reports and presentations
- In partnership with buying, Identify, support and grow key suppliers (including the Fareast) through relationship building, product development and negotiation activity. Actively seeking to improve ways of working that ensure healthy and prosperous business relationships.
- Oversee process for sourcing relevant materials to meet design requirements and for identifying suitable suppliers for specific product ranges. Review supplier base and take a pro-active approach to overcoming product and pricing challenges
- Compile all information necessary for trip development and prepare trip packs. Carryout appropriate product development, to ensure product is developed, corrected, amended and costed accordingly.
- Understand requirements for packaging & marketing material for license brands, ensuring brand identity is coherent throughout product and branding material.
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent with jewellery or accessories degree.
- Competent Adobe suite skills and good working ability with Microsoft office suite
- Sound commercial acumen, trading experience and a good ability to understand and interpret financial data.
- Creative flare, with at least 6 years design experience
- Jewellery design experience is essential
- Competent hand making skills – construction of buying samples.
- Awareness of Far East suppliers and jewellery production processes.
- Good developed understanding of the retail market, fashion trends and brand positioning.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate competently and clearly.
- Strong organisational and task management skills, with the ability to prioritise and work in a fast-moving reactive business with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to design across multiple brands and work under pressure/tight deadlines