I'm currently partnered with a wonderful Jewellery and Accessories business seeking a Children's Jewellery and Accessories Designer. They supply fashion jewellery to the high street and supermarket sector so a background in this field is essential. The role is to work remote with 2- 3 days a week in their Essex office.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- You will design and deliver tailored products and ranges which target and focus on the customer whilst striving to innovate and influence the commercial fashion market.
- You will also help maximise revenue opportunities and the profitability of the brand/business.
- Build strong customer knowledge. Ensure collections meet the customer profile and brand identity, delivering an appropriate balance of product assortment between high fashion and commerciality.
- Undertake competitive retail analysis to ensure knowledge of brand positioning and customer profile remain current. Research collate and deliver trend reports and presentations
- In partnership with buying, Identify, support and grow key suppliers (including the Fareast) through relationship building, product development and negotiation activity. Actively seeking to improve ways of working that ensure healthy and prosperous business relationships.
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent with jewellery or accessories degree.
- Competent Adobe suite skills and good working ability with Microsoft office suite
- Sound commercial acumen, trading experience and a good ability to understand and interpret financial data.
- Creative flare, with at least 4 years design experience within jewellery
- Competent hand making skills - construction of buying samples.
- Knowledge of Far East suppliers and jewellery production processes.
- Good developed understanding of the retail market, fashion trends and brand positioning.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate competently and clearly.
- Strong organisational and task management skills, with the ability to prioritise and work in a fast moving reactive business with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to design across multiple brands and work under pressure/tight deadlines.