A leading supplier of ladies wear is looking for a Design Manager to work across jersey ,woven and knitwear working with several large retailers in the UK. This role will require someone with management experience of a small team of designers and a proven track record working in a fast paced supplier background who is looking for a new opportunity to join my client a successful established company
You should have a commercial eye, excellent communication skills, and be confident with presenting to Buyers at all levels and already be at Design Manager level.
Main Duties and responsibilities will include
- Complete trend research, design and develop ranges working with the overseas factories and present and sell the ranges to the customers.
- Ability to create bestselling ranges and be hands-on with trends
- Recruitment of designers when needed
- Set up and attend meetings with buyers
- Required to work in a fast-paced environment, high volume design/development
- Sourcing of new fabrics and trims
Person Specifications :
- Design Management experience across ladies Jersey and woven
- Previous supplier or retail background
- Good understanding of garment costing
- Demonstrate longevity in your design career
- Excellent communication at all levels along with, time management and organisational skills