Our client is a highly successful manufacturer and supplier of casual wovens to major US & European retail groups. They are now looking for an experienced Design Manager for their young women's Casual bottoms department
Main responsibilities will include:
- Required to work in a fast paced environment
- High volume design/development Based in Hong Kong
- Responsible for developing best selling styles for young women's casual wovens bottoms including denim
- Develop trend-led collections tailored towards supplier's customers throughout the year
- Responsible for sourcing and developing fabrics and trims
- Overseas travel to the factories for development, fabric & trim sourcing, shopping research trips and client meetings
- Previous experience designing young women's casual wear bottoms, across denim, casual and washed wovens.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of wash techniques for bottoms, especially denim
- Good understanding of garment costing
- Experience designing for the US market preferred or designing for major UK/European retail groups.
- Demonstrate longevity in your designing career
- Team management of both product and designers is experience required
- Excellent communication at all levels along with, time management and organisational skills are essential
- Strong sketching and CAD skills are essential